05 October 2013

the vibrators

it was about time for me to get my ass to the brighton bar for another show, right? the vibrators played there last night. so of course i went. because i love that bar and i love that band. also i know the one girl in one of the opening bands. i hadn't seen her band before, and they were super fun.

anyway-
so now i've been there enough times that there are familiar faces and i'm "the girl who drove 2 hours to get here." it's cool. i know i'm crazy. but they all fucking love me for it so who cares? you guys. i had such a great time. and i would have had a great time even if the band sucked. which they didn't, obviously. i hung with this dude i made friends with at the david johansen show. and he bought me 2 drinks. and then i was hanging out with the girl that i know and her husband and their friend (remember this guy because he comes back later) and the one dude who is an owner of the bar bought us a round of drinks. and then i was hanging out with the first guy again and his friend was standing with us, and HE bought me a drink. ladies and gentlemen, i had 5 beers, but only paid for one of them. i want some kind of medal for that shit. but i think getting that many free drinks is kind of its own reward. i'm not used to guys being that nice to me. shit like that NEVER happens in philly, because philly is full of assholes. long branch, new jersey, you have captured my heart. anyway, so i was hanging out with the other girl i'm friends with who lives in long branch, and she was up talking to the door guy. she brought me a cool punk cd sampler from a record label in california, since she just was on vacation there. how fucking cool? i mean, seriously, how fucking cool? these people are just the fucking best.

alright, enough of me being all starry eyed about this place. the VIBRATORS. my boss thinks he's really funny, since i requested off for the night, he told everyone that i wasn't at work because i was out buying a vibrator. ok, well, i laughed, but still. so the thing that threw me off was that eddie was there (the drummer) and he was hanging around all night, manning the merch table (remember that sad/funny moment the last time i saw them? awww) and wandering around but i noticed i didn't see either of the other band members. hmm. so when they took the stage i realized that there were 2 totally new members of the band, who i had indeed seen around all night. in fact, the one guy was even talking to me earlier. i noticed he had a british accent but didn't question it, i just enjoyed it. so here i was, finally adjusted to the new(ish) lineup of nigel and pete and then all of a sudden i have to REadjust to these new guys?? oh my life is soooo hard (that was a joke). but whatever, they still sound like the vibrators minus knox's vocals. so it's all good. and i love watching eddie play. and he sings! not all the songs. but it's still impressive; i can't do that shit. and they did "baby baby" and "automatic lover" and "yeah yeah yeah" and "whips and furs" so i was one happy little girl. they played their set, and left the stage, and everyone kept cheering and eddie was walking out to the merch table and kinda stopped right in front of me and muttered "are we doing one more?" and i gave a big old "WOOO!!" he just sorta glanced back at me, but then went back up on the stage. HA. i laughed about it. so that was that. fucking rad, you guys. go see them. even though some dude who leaned over to ask me what i thought said "it's kinda like watching a cover band, isn't it?" well...yeah. kinda. but still. it's the vibrators. so it's ok.

then everyone is hanging out and whatever after the show, and the dude that i said comes back later was talking to me, right near the merch table, and he starts telling me i should get a cd and even picks one out and i was like "awesome but i don't have enough money" and he said "oh i got you covered, don't even worry about it," and i was like IS THIS REAL LIFE? why are all you nice fuckers in jersey? goddammit. so i thanked him, we chatted a bit, etc. so fucking cool. then my friend from before was talking to me and i said i wanted a shirt but only had $10 and he said if i ask nice, eddie will probably give it to me for $10 (they're $15). so i go up to eddie and say "i really want a shirt but only have $10." "alright, which one do you want?" and just like that i got a $5 discount from a sweet ass vibrators shirt. i still love my whips and furs one, of course, but this one is WHITE and PINK. so yeah. ah fuck it, here it is:


classy.

and then the dude with the british accent that had been talking to me earlier, before i realized he was in the band, started chatting me up, so we went and stood outside together. and i think he complimented my eyes? or something. but everything he said was adorable because hello, accent. and then some dudes came over and started talking to him and i was like REALLY BROS? can't you see that we're talking? fuck you and your goddamn shit. only dudes to piss me off all night. which is ok i guess. anyway i'm probably gonna go see them again on monday so there's that.

and then my friend's friend who bought me a drink earlier drove me to 7-11 and bought me a coffee before i left because it was like 2am and i had a long drive ahead of me. 

such a fun fucking night.

oh, and they were all sold out of vibrators. no i'm not joking. they had a spot for them on the merch table. too bad, because i would have bought one and then my boss' joke wouldn't have been so funny because it would have been true.

i took no pictures. shame on me. i was too busy having fun, bitches.

No comments:

Post a Comment